Search This Blog

Monday 5 April 2010

Oh my dog!

I never thought I’d ever post a picture of a dog’s arse on this blog. I mean, don’t get me wrong: I don’t go around looking for such opportunities. In fact, the thought of a dog’s arse doesn’t even occur to me more than fourteen times a day.

Anyway, look carefully, and you’ll see – ta-da! – our Lord Jesus Christ!

I nicked it from this website, which has several of the funniest places Jesus has been found, be it dogs’ arses or chapattis.

Of course, you can make sense of all kinds of random markings, as anyone who’s ever gazed at clouds will tell you. Some are more recognisably this or that than others, and some are vague enough for different people to see different things.

But it never ceases to amaze me how people claim to have seen Jesus or the Virgin Mary in a toasty or the inside of a Marmite jar lid, having no idea, of course, what the originals looked like (even if they existed).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is because the human brain is a natural pattern matching machine.

Some of us have refined our senses sot that we don't see Jeebus in clouds or dogs asses, while others will post things that to the rest of us appear highly ridiculous.

tina FCD said...

I took a picture of my daughters dogs ass. Lo and behold! there he was!